Draft of a Memo for Participants
Using MyFishAuction.com as an Auction Site for the Colorado Aquarium Society (CAS) Auctions
CAS mini-auctions and the traditional Spring and Fall Auctions will be run by the auction software of MyFishAuction.com. To successfully participate in these auctions, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1 Required only the first time you use MyFishAuction.com.
Register as a user of MyFishAuction.com:
- Go to http://www.MyFishAuction.com and click on the link “Register.”
- Select the checkbox “I Agree” and click on the button PROCEED.
- Type in your first and last names, your user name, and your email address. Click on the button REGISTER.
- Check for a message containing your temporary password in your email box and use the link provided in the email message to go to MyFishAuction.com and establish your permanent password.
Once you have completed your registration, you do not need to repeat this step the next time you want to participate in any auction run at MyFishAuction.com. Just go to the website and log-in with your user name and password.
Step 2 Complete this step every time you want to sell items at a CAS auction or bid at the auction that requires bidder numbers.
- Log-in at http://www.MyFishAuction.com with your user name and password.
- Click on the LIVE link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on the button SIGN-UP FOR LIVE AUCTION.
- Select the auction you want to participate in and sign up for it.
After signing up you can submit your items for sale or view the items that are submitted by other auction participants. You can also see the results of your participation in the auction. Please remember your user name or alias when you arrive at the auction. Aliases are required only for the sellers and remain the same from auction to auction.
If you experience difficulties in using MyFishAuction.com, find the contact information in the auction description and get help from the auction organizers. If you find anything that looks like a programming error or just a design feature that could be improved, please contact MyFishAuction.com. Your opinion will be very much appreciated, and you will help make our auctions better. Please note that you can also sell or buy items through the web auction part of MyFishAuction.com any time between our traditional live auctions.